Entries by

, , ,

Can you afford to grow? Can you afford not to?

Growth: Can you afford it? “Grow or die!” is a common, well-accepted business principal. Businesses must innovate, stay relevant, seek new customers, add locations, and offer new products. But growth brings its own challenges. You have more products/services to support. You need more people. Rapid hiring makes maintaining culture harder. New tools and technology – […]

, ,

Simple habits to make you more productive

How can you be more successful?  I’ve read a number of blogs and articles recently about how successful people start their day or the habits they follow.  As I reflected on the insights in those articles, two things became apparent. First, people want to implement simple changes to make them more productive. Second, helping businesses […]

, , , , ,

Are your employees engaged?

According to a Gallup report, only 34% of US employees are actively engaged in their jobs.  Gallup defines “engaged” as “involved in, enthusiastic about and committed to their work and workplace.” What about the other 66%?  13% are “actively disengaged,” and a whopping 53% are “not engaged” which means they show up and do their […]

, ,

Culture – policed or created?

Today I read an article that called HR the department responsible “for policing personnel actions and culture.” That struck me as odd. Corporate culture shouldn’t be policed. Leaders model and nurture it; employees create it. Culture is the environment and personality of a company. It is the result of thousands of interactions a day between […]